Islamic cleric and academic holding a PhD from the Department of Creed And contemporary doctrines from Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah.
Cleric, president of the Global Anti-Aggression Campaign, member of the Committee for the Defense of Legitimate Rights
Reason for arrest:
- An electronic copy of a book he authored leaked, including a letter to the royal family who had previously tried to send it to the royal court. The book, entitled “Muslims and Western Civilization,” is composed of three thousand pages, in which he criticized the exorbitant Saudi government spending on receiving US President Donald Trump in Riyadh, and government-related policies.
- He was previously dismissed from his university job because of his opinions, in addition to being arrested and arrested more than once between the years 1994 and 1999 AD.
Medical History while detained:
- From June 10, 2005 until 2006, a severe coma as a result of a sudden drop in blood pressure, which resulted in hospitalization, and then bleeding in the cerebellum region of the skull; Subsequently, his ability to speak diminished.
- In 2013, he performed a kidney transplant surgery.
- In 2017, he had a hearing loss.
- In 2018, fracture of the pelvis, thigh and shoulder.
- In addition to suffering from weakness in the heart muscle, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, prostate disease, and problems in the teeth and gums.