Reasons for arrest:
- In his episodes on his YouTube channel, he addressed the problems faced by residents of the provinces of Viva and Jizan, and his continuing call on the authorities to work to solve these problems.
- His criticism of government performance in the border provinces, the last of which was in the first episode of a series of episodes he was scheduled to publish, under the title (External intelligence work supported by an internal agenda in the Jizan region, as hashtag (Viva governorate launched development or destruction).
Charges: Arrested without charges
Updates on trial: On temporary release (unconfirmed)
Date of the verdict: None
Arbitrary arrest/ detention
- Arbitrary detention and failure to notify the victim of the charges against him upon arrest in violation of Article 35 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
- Failure to announce for a period the location of the victim’s detention, nor to allow his lawyer to interview him, in violation of Article 35 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- Not to allow the presence of a lawyer during investigations in violation of articles 4 and 39 of the Law of Criminal Procedure.
- Failure to present the victim to the Public Prosecution on the legally specified date, in contravention of the law that obliged the seizure authorities to present the arrested person to the Public Prosecution within 24 hours from the time of arrest or detention.
- Failure to inform the victim and confront him with the charges against him in violation of Article 116 of the Law of Criminal Procedure.